When it comes to playtime, I often look for toys that are both educational and fun for the girls. Why not, right? Every experience is a learning experience. Well, today I’m going to share with you a toy that is very inexpensive, yet worth five times over in educational value.Counting Bears with Cups are just under $9 on Amazon. In my opinion, they are a steal! It comes with 50 bears and 5 cups, and can be used to help develop a variety of skills.
Why I love the Counting Bears with Cups
- The girls love it! Eleanor and Isabel ask often to play with their counting bears.
- Color Sorting: The girls work on their matching skills by sorting bears into the coordinating cup.
- Counting: After the girls are done sorting their bears, I ask them to choose one color, line their bears up and count how many they have.
- Fine Motor Skills: The simple act of picking up bears and placing them upright in a line helps with their fine motor skills.
- Patterns: When they are done counting, they work on forming patterns with two colors.
- Subtraction and Addition: When the girls get older, these counting bears would be great to use as a visual for addition and subtraction.
- Language Skills: You can even use these bears to help with language! I teach the girls words, such as “on top of”, “inside of”, “empty”, “more”, “less”, etc. using these bears. While some concepts may be too advanced for them, it’s still a great introduction.
Please note that the bears are very small and are a choking hazard. While I allow Isabel (2-years-old) to play with them, she only does so under my supervision.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this review. I simply like this product and wanted to share. Opinions here are solely my own.