Since deciding to switch to cloth diapers, we’ve also made the switch to cloth wipes. My very first pack of cloth wipes were Bummas.
- Eliminates the use of talcum powder.
- 100% Cotton – Woven Velour Terry Cloth milled in the USA.
- Variety of color combinations for nursery themes.
- Handy 5” x 7” size. Won’t pill, shrink, or fade.
- Durable. Just throw them in the wash and use again.
- They will last until your little one is out of diapers and beyond!
- Made in the USA
I received a pack of Bummas- The Tropical Ones for review. I was surprised with the colors that were included in the pack. Online The Tropical Ones are described as “bright and colorful for any nursery.” In my opinion, aside from the three solid colored wipes, the pack wasn’t bright and colorful at all. The seven other wipes were white, with a colored border; not what I would consider to be bright and colorful. Fortunately, I liked the look of the white wipes with the border as opposed to the solid colored ones, so it worked out.
I use Bummas as wet wipes during diaper changes. I simply pour my cloth wipes solution over my Bummas, wring out the excess liquid and store them in an old disposable wipes container. Then, when it comes to cleaning baby, I simply take a Bummas and wipe. Easy peasy! I would say my only gripe with my Bummas cloth wipes are their size. Here you can see the size difference compared to a Thirsties Fab Wipe:
The Bummas are the perfect size when cleaning the girls with a wet diaper because I usually only do a couple of wipes. The Bummas are small enough where I don’t feel like I’m wasting a huge wipe. However, when it comes to cleaning the girls with a poopy diaper, it usually takes 2-3 Bummas wipes to get them clean. This is where I actually prefer the Thirsties over the Bummas because of size.
You can also use Bummas as a dry wipe to pat dry your baby’s bottom before putting on a new diaper. This is actually their original purpose- to soak up all the wetness. Another use is to grab a Bummas before you open baby’s diaper and quickly place it on baby’s privates while changing. This will prevent any mishaps that occasionally occur when changing your little one. I’m sure we’ve all been pee’d on at one point or another while changing a diaper.
Bummas cloth wipes are very versatile and can even be used to wipe your baby’s face, or clean off their hands after eating. So even if you aren’t into the whole cloth diapers/wipes thing, this is something any mom can find use for in their daily lives.
Bummas wipes are available for purchase online for $16.99.
One of my lucky readers will have the opportunity to win a pack of Bummas – The Tropical Ones.
Mandatory Entry: Follow this blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
If you are new to giveaways, please click here.
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS or email. +1 Entry
- Follow @SoleilSelene on Twitter. +1 Entry
- Follow @Bummas on Twitter. +1 Entry
- Daily Tweet: #Win a pack of @Bummas Tropical wipes from @SoleilSelene: http://bit.ly/cjxdMC Ends 11/26 Open to US/CAN #giveaway #clothdiapers +1 Entry
- Leave a NEW comment on any non-giveaway post. Can be done once per day and don’t forget to tell me which post you commented on. +2 Entries
Open to US and Canada. This giveaway will end on November 26, 2010 at 8:59 PST. Winner will be chosen at random and will have 48 hours to respond to my email before another winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I received a pack of Bummas at no cost to me for the sole purpose of this review. Opinions here are my own.